Call for Artists
(no submission fee*)
This is the 5th anniversary of ARTBAR Gallery and what better way to celebrate than an exhibit with the title 'FIVE'. The number '5' has symbolism, representation, and meaning. Below are some ideas but the number '5' is up for interpretation.
Ways Artists can interpret the number 'FIVE'
1. Multiples of five, and being an odd number
2. Five is a symbol of Balance. It means that you have to keep balance between material and spiritual aspects in your life. It is important to live in balance and harmony because it is the only way to reach happiness.
3. The number 5 in the Bible is significant because his creation, the 'man' has five fingers, five senses and five toes. Thus it is the number of God's grace. There are five great mysteries: Father, Son, Spirit, Creation and Redemption.
4. The numerology number 5 is an expression of personal freedom with wit and a sense of adventure. The numerology number 5 is a number that expresses its sense of personal freedom.
5. Man, health, and love.
Deadline for submissions is Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 at 11:59 PM –
Chosen artists will be notified via email on Monday, March 25th, 2019.
1. Applicants must be located within the Hudson Valley Region.
2. **Accepted applicants WILL have to contribute $5 per participant that goes towards show cards and advertising material
3. All pieces MUST be wired ready to hang.
Opening Reception – Saturday, April 6th – 5:00-9:00 PM
Exhibition Dates – April 6th - April 27th
Art Drop-off Dates
Friday, March 29th from 5-7pm
Saturday March 30th from 10am-12pm at ARTBAR Gallery
Art Pick-up dates
Friday, May 3rd from 5-7pm
Saturday, May 4th from 2-4pm
-Email email@example.com using the header – 'FIVE' exhibit 2019
-Up to 5 images can be submitted, each image needs to be under 1 MB in file size and must be a jpeg or pdf.
-When submitting images label as follows: last name, first name, and sequential number, i.e.(Smith, John, 1).
-For each image, state the size and medium.
-Sculptural and jewelry elements can be submitted as well if they are easy to move during exhibition.
Contact Allie at 845.430.4893 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
*ARTBAR will encourage sales and takes a 40% commission.